Larry Nelson, Director
Village of Bartonville
5912 S Adams
Bartonville, IL 61607
EMERGENCY SERVICES DISASTER AGENCY
To mitigate natural and man made hazards and disasters, to prepare for any threat to the safety of the citizens of Bartonville, to respond to disaster in such a manner to facilitate a quick and complete recovery and a return to normalcy, to train the citizens in emergency preparedness, to provide emergency response personnel with training and assistance, to access local, county, state and federal resources.
The Bartonville EDSA and the Peoria ESDA are sponsoring a CERT Class.
CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) is the group of people that is organized under local leadership and you will receive special training to respond to major emergencies or disaster situations. The course is a 20 hour hands-on 7 week course in disaster response.
ESDA’s activities include:
* Developing emergency plans and procedures outlining the responsibilities of county government was well as coordination between city, county, state and federal agencies where appropriate.
* Developing and conducting emergency management training and education programs for village personnel and citizens of Bartonville. Educating the public via multimedia presentations on severe weather, disaster response, and disaster recovery.
* Support of the Incident Command System at the scene of an emergency or disaster where appropriate.
* Coordinate emergency lighting or electric generation at appropriate incident sites.
* Develop and provide information, regarding appropriate incidents, to the media.
* Assist appropriate Law Enforcement/Fire Containment agencies as needed at appropriate incident sites.
* Coordinating assistance from County, State and Federal disaster response organizations.
* Provide back-up communications needs as needed.
* Coordinating disaster relief within the Village of Bartonville.
* Maintaining the Village’s Emergency Operations Plan.
* Work with the responding agencies and submit the required documentation to the county, state and federal agencies for funds, grants and reimbursements.
The Emergency Services Disaster Agency (ESDA) accomplishes their tasks following the four doctrines of emergency management:
Applications to be a member of the Bartonville ESDA can be picked up at the Village Hall.